Prostate cancer happens in the prostate glands of the man which produce the seminal liquid that transports and nourishes the sperm. This is a very common kind of cancer found in men and it is observed that it grows slowly and remains confined to the glands where it might not cause a serious damage. While there are certain cancers which may grow slowly, there are still many which may be aggressive and spread out quickly. In case prostate cancer is detected in the early stage, and if it is still limited to the glands, there are chances to have it cured.
The cause prostate cancer is still not clear. Specialists realize that growth of prostate tumor starts when a few cells in the prostate start behaving abnormal. Changes in the unusual DNA of the cells cause the cells to develop and divide more quickly than typical cells do. The unusual cells keep living, when different cells would pass on. The gathering of these strange cells frame a tumor which can develop to attack adjacent tissue. Some strange cells can sever and spread (metastasize) to different parts of the body which is why the Prostate Cancer treatment in India in an early stage is very important.
Complications of prostate cancer and its treatments include:
- Cancer that metastasizes – Prostate cancer can reach out to the adjacent organs like bladder, or can even travel through the lymphatic system or bloodstream to reach out to the bones or other parts of the body. If this Prostate cancer reaches out to the bones it can cause discomfort and fragmented bones. In case the prostate cancer has reached other parts of the body, it could still be treated and controlled, but it can’t be cured.
- Erectile dysfunction – Prostate cancer and its treatment could also result in Erectile dysfunction. The treatment includes, radiation, surgery, or hormone therapy. Certain medications and vacuum devices which help in achieving erection are available to rectify erectile dysfunction.
- Incontinence – The treatment and the prostate cancer can result in urinary incontinence. The cure for incontinence will depend on the kind of prostate cancer the patients have, or how stark it is and if the improvement of this disorder likely over time. The options of the prostate cancer Treatment in India include Surgery, medications, and catheters.
How can you reduce the risk of prostate cancer?
- Select a healthy eating regimen loaded with organic foods. Evade high-fat food and rather pick an assortment of natural products, whole grains and vegetables. Foods grown from the ground contain numerous vitamins and supplements that can add to your wellbeing. Regardless of whether you can avert prostate disease through eating healthy diet in a routine, but it can enhance your general wellbeing.
- Select healthy foods and avoid supplements. No investigations have shown that supplements assume a part in reducing your danger of prostate growth. Rather, pick foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals with the goal of keeping up healthy levels of nutrients in your body.
- Exercise most days of the week. Exercise enhances your general wellbeing, encourages you keep up your weight and enhances your state of mind. Men who get the most exercise have a lower occurrence of prostate growth when contrasted to men who get practically no activity. Attempt to practice most days of the week. In case you’re new to work out, begin moderate and work your way up to more exercise time every day.